Wednesday, July 21, 2010


Well, I said I would be going to Venice this last weekend, but plans changed. Instead I will go this weekend, my last weekend here. I do hope, however, to get back by Fall to attend classes at the Russian school, granted I find the financial means to do so. Please pray for me. Thanks!






We have continued work on the commission at a speedy rate. The figures now are really taking on individual personalities and the overall composition now has a strong solid flow. The figures also now have a much better relationship to each other. It is very interesting to see how these kinds of things develop in a commission this large. Dony had not anticipated these changes, but they are making the composition much stronger. No relief has been done like this for a long time, probably about 150 years with the last being San Gaudens! After this he will be ready to do individual portraits and features.



On monday I will post pictures and talk about my Venice trip. It will also be my last post in Florence as I leave tuesday. But hopefully we will be able to remedy that soon if I can make it back for school!


No comments:

Post a Comment