Friday, July 16, 2010

Drawings from course


Well, the two week course is finished, and I learned a ton. For example, I learned how to constructing form, how form effects light, nailing proportions, and the Russian method to drawing. We did a portrait, hands and feet study, two figure drawings (one incomplete because the model quit) and a study of a cast ecorche head. What was great about Prof. Vitaly is that he would draw on my drawing, and I would pick up what he did and try to imitate it, even though at first it wasn't great. It's the best way to learn. I think the course was an incredible experience and I soaked up so much from it. It has giving me a new way to think and prepared me for the Russian school. This rigorous academic training complements what Dony has taught me, which is the emotional side of capturing the energy and spirit of the figure.

On another note, tomorrow I am leaving for Venice for two days. I will tell you all about it on my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment